Social Media Guidelines
We are always looking for ways to enhance our communication between the Bank and our customers.
As we continue to utilize social networking sites we want to advise all of our visitors of the online guidelines we follow as we moderate the activity on Bank-run groups and/or pages.
- Comments and conversations are accepted and encouraged! We want to hear from our customers and neighbors. Discussion boards and pages will be monitored on a daily basis by members of the Bank’s staff who will, when appropriate, contribute to the conversation.
- Please watch your language. While we strive for everyone to think only the best of our institution, we understand that some visitors may wish to use the space for complaints or other issues. We ask that you refrain from using profane or off-color language; and that you keep the comments constructive in nature. Comments containing unsavory language, or which are considered inflammatory or off-topic, will be removed immediately.
- Protect yourself. When posting information or questions, or sending a message to Bank staff, please do not include private information (e.g. your account number, Social Security number, etc). Time-sensitive requests, such as lost debit card requests, will not be accepted through social networking sites. Comments containing non-public personal information about any customer will be removed immediately.
- Protect our employees. Whether you have a complaint or compliment, to protect their privacy we request you refrain from using staff member names in your comments. Comments containing employee names or other identifying information will be removed. If you want to send a compliment, complaint or comment about a specific employee, please send an email to email@example.com.
- Don’t be surprised if you hear from us! As stated, members of our staff will be monitoring our social networking pages. When appropriate, we will either respond to your question, issue or comment publicly, or we will contact you directly through the network’s mail system. HOWEVER, we will never ask you to verify your personal or account information via email. JUST AS IMPORTANTLY, do not provide any personal information (including date of birth, credit or debit card number, Social Security number or driver’s license number) to anyone unless you have initiated the contact with the Bank representative (meaning, you called our main number – 860-376-4444 – and asked for the staff member by name)
Your Life. Your Bank.
Use our information request form, visit any of our offices, or give us a call at 860-376-4444 and find out how Jewett City Savings Bank can help you.