Updated June 15, 2020
At Jewett City Savings Bank, we take the health and safety of our customers, employees, and neighbors seriously. Below you will find information about how we are managing the changes and challenges related to COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
Our bank lobbies are now open. We have reconfigured our lobbies and implemented precautionary measures for the safety of our customers and staff. Here is what to expect when you visit one of our branch offices:
- A mask or face-covering that covers your nose and mouth is required. Customers that are not able to wear a mask may continue to use our drive-up window.
- Because masks or face-coverings are required, customers and visitors will be asked to present valid identification at the door.
- There is a limit to the number of customers that will be permitted in the bank lobby to maintain adequate social distance.
- Decals have been installed on the floors to direct traffic and help customers maintain adequate social distance when waiting for a service representative.
- Acrylic dividers have been installed at all customer service desks and workstations.
- Hand sanitizer is available at all of our entrances.
- High-touch surfaces are being cleaned with disinfectant after every customer and may take a few minutes to complete. We appreciate your patience as these cleaning protocols are for everyone’s safety.
We understand that some customers may not be ready to enter our offices. We will continue to handle all of your banking needs through our drive-up windows, available at all locations. There may be longer wait times because we are handling more complex transactions at the drive-up window. We ask for your patience and understanding.
Our staffs are cleaning the drive-up window drawers and tube canisters with disinfectants after every customer use. They are also cleaning the keypads and touchscreens on our ATMs frequently throughout the day.
Our staff will be wearing a mask or face-covering, unless unable due to a medical condition. We are using hand sanitizer and washing our hands frequently throughout the day. And, any employees who feel ill are instructed to stay home.
Updates will be provided on this page and our Facebook page at Facebook.com/jcsbank.