Jewett City Savings Bank is a full-service Connecticut financial institution that has been part of our community since 1873. We are dedicated to providing financial services of the highest quality and value to our customers. We have thrived as an independent mutual savings bank by being financially responsible and remaining committed to our mission.
We are seeking a Commercial Loan Officer to join our Commercial Lending team in Northern Connecticut. This individual will be responsible for performing a range of business development, origination, and administrative functions with respect to the Bank’s C&I and commercial real estate loan portfolios.
- Responsible for growing assigned portfolio, expanding commercial relationships, retention of existing portfolio, and overall customer profitability to the bank.
- Actively engage in customer outreach, networking, and civic activities to promote the bank.
- Carry out ongoing business development programs to promote the Bank’s lending and depository services and cross-sell other Bank services.
- Conduct interviews, determine the customer’s needs, gather necessary data, determine proper loan structure and complete credit memos for loan requests.
- In conjunction with the credit analyst, determine whether the borrower is properly risk rated and is compliant with bank and regulatory policies and guidelines. Present loan renewals, reviews, or new loan requests to the entity or individual with appropriate lending authority.
- Serve as Account Officer for commercial loan relationships up to $4,000,000. Communicate with existing customers to facilitate credit reviews, renewals, and new requests and address customer concerns/questions. Assist in resolving problem situations including loan workout procedures.
- Monitor the borrower’s financial condition on an ongoing basis; review financial statements, credit analyses and other information to make an evaluation on their existing portfolio.
Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent plus specialized training in lending, credit, or related subjects. At least five years of commercial lending experience and
- Understanding of both CRE and C&I lending and business financial statements
- Strong analytical skills and understanding of the business credit process.
- Exceptional oral and written communication, organization, planning, decision making, problem solving, initiative, and attentiveness to deadlines and detail
- Ability to develop, maintain and grow profitable relationships.
- Business sales and prospecting experience required.
- Excellent customer service and relationship skills.
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
EEO/AA; all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If accommodations are needed in applying for this job, please call 860-376-7510 or email email@example.com.